January 19, 2014 (Wortham, Texas) – While everyone north of the Red River (separating Texas and Oklahoma) has seen their fair share of snow, ice and frigid temperatures; the Texas climate will be in the 80’s very soon. For those coming to the 2014 James Stewart AMA Spring Championship presented by Parts Unlimited/Thor (March 18-22), it all about landing a class championship as part of the American Motocross Championships (aka: The Majors) at Freestone Raceway.
With the newest class addition (as of Jan 1st) of the Womens Amateur 14+, there are now an unprecedented five girls and women classes at the 2014 Freestone Spring Championship. The meet is also an AMA Pro Am event and will offer purse money in the WMX 14+ class. Add to that new classes such as the 51cc 4-5, 51cc 6-7 and Schoolgirl 12-16, there will be many riders with their eye on the invitation to the Champions Ride Day at James Stewart’s training compound in Haines City, Florida.
The James Stewart Spring Championship begins on Tuesday, March 18th with “timed” practice. For the 4th year, this event will award the 1st moto gate pick based on each riders lap times from practice in every class. Racing will begin on Wednesday, March 19th and go through Saturday, March 22nd. The WMX 14+ class will be highlighted on Saturday, March 22nd with its own timed practice and both moto’s on the final day of the meet (go to www.RaceWMX.com).
Besides offering “Timed Practice”, sight laps will be offered once again and any class that has more than 40 riders in it will be offered a “B” Main for riders 41-80. Track time is what every rider wants and at the AMA Spring Championship, that is what riders will receive.
Classes Offered Include:
- 50cc Limited SMS 4-8; 51cc Limited 4-5; 51cc Limited 4-6; 51cc Limited 6-7; 51cc Limited 7-8; 51cc Limited 4-8
- 65cc 7-9 Limited; 65cc 7-9 Mod; 65cc 10-11 Limited; 65cc 10-11 Mod; 65cc 7-11
- 85cc 9-11 Limited; 85cc 9-11 Mod; 85cc 9-13; 85cc 12-14 Limited; 85cc 12-14 Mod; Girls Jr 9-11
85 & 150 Division
- Mini Sr 12-13 Limited; Mini Sr 12-14 Mod; Supermini 1 12-15; Supermini 2 13-16; Girls Sr 12-16
- Schoolgirl 12-16; Schoolboy 1 12-16; Schoolboy 2 13-16; Collegeboy 16-24; Womens Am 14+; 250 B/C; 450 B/C
- 250 C Limited; 250 C Mod; 250 B Limited; 250 B Mod; 250 A Pro Sport; WMX 14+
- 450 C Limited; 450 C Mod; 450 B Limited; 450 B Mod; 450 A Pro Sport
- Vet 25+; Vet 30+ B/C; Vet 30+ A; Vet 35+; Vet 40+; Vet 50+