Monday, September 28, 2015 (Wortham, Texas) – In what has been a difficult year to schedule races with all the rain during the first half of the year, the Inaugural Moto Masters Suzuki Cup Series will be coming to its finale in one month at Freestone Raceway on Saturday, October 31st. The last round was originally scheduled to be on the amateur track however all efforts are now being given to hold the 5th and final round on the pro national track in Wortham.
The Moto Masters is a “VET ONLY” series that offers riders from ages starting at 25 years and then increases every five years through 60 plus. The additional benefit is that every age division is further separated by classification (IE: Expert, Intermediate, Novice and Beginner). This provides every skill level rider to compete with against those of similar riding abilities. The broader benefit is that riders do not have to wait all day for their class due to all the standard mini racers being removed. Needless to say, the day always ends with plenty of bench racing and smiles.
Another benefit to the series is the support of American Suzuki to help get the series off the ground. Any riders competing on a 2014 or 2015 Suzuki RMZ is eligible for handsome paybacks in each class. For more details head over to www.RaceSuzuki.com. Riders must signup through www.HookIt.com to receive the bonus contingency.
Below is the full weekend schedule for Round 5 of the Moto Masters Suzuki Cup Series. To the riders, please note that practice is starting 30 minutes earlier at 8am on Saturday.
Friday (October 30, 2015) No Friday Practice
6:00pm-10:00pm Gate Hours
7:00-8:00pm Registration Hours
Note: (No Membership Required)
Saturday (October 31, 2015)
6:30am Gates Open
7:00-9:00am Registration Hours
8:00am Practice Begins (2 Rounds)
Only One (1) Group/Rider
Grp 1 Expert/Intermediate (All Ages)
Grp 2 Novice (All Ages) except below
Grp 3 Jedi 60+/Beginner/Womens/Vintage/Post Vintage
Upon Completion of Practice
1. Riders Meeting (Pavilion)
2. Opening Ceremonies
3. Racing Begins
Classes include (all classes are Mod unless Specified):
- Junior 25+ A;
- Junior 25+ B;
- Junior 25+ C/D;
- Vet 30+ A;
- Vet 30+ B;
- Vet 30+ C;
- Vet 30+ Beginner;
- Vet 30+ Womens;
- Vet 35+ A;
- Vet 35+ B;
- Vet 35+ C/D;
- Senior 40+ A;
- Senior 40+ B;
- Senior 40+ C;
- Senior 40+ Beginner;
- Senior 45+ A;
- Senior 45+ B;
- Senior 45+ C/D;
- Masters 50+ A;
- Masters 50+ Amateur;
- Masters 55+;
- Jedi 60+;
- Vintage – (Through 1975 Air-Cooled, Twin Shock);
- Post Vintage – (Through 1989)
Points per Moto (1-Point Scale)
2 Moto Format
100% Payback: “A” Classes (10 Entries or Less, 50% of Field)
30% Trophies (Max through 5th Overall)
Series Overall Awards 1st-5th
No Trophies/Awards to Expert/Pro Classes
Riders Must Compete in 3 of 5 Rounds for Overall Series Awards. Riders with 2 or less rounds will be dropped from points and all other will advance.
Riders must be present at LAST ROUND to receive awards & series contingency
$10 Gate Fee per Day (Under 6 Free) (Cash Only at the Gate)
$35 Online Entry Fee/class ($40 Post Entry)
Series Schedule (All Races on Saturday):
Rd 5 Sat October 31 Freestone County Raceway
Online & Registration at Track:
1. Online Sign Up is open from Monday, October 19th through Tuesday, October 27, 2015 (11:00pm)
2. Registration (At Track) accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express or cash only. NO CHECKS.
3. To “finalize” race entry, Pre-Entry riders (to include parent/guardian/authorized adult if rider is a minor) MUST check in at Registration (Scoring Tower) to sign releases and get practice sticker before you will be allowed to practice or race.
4. 2 notarized parental consent statements are needed for guardian/authorized adult to sign releases for minor.
5. ALL RIDERS must be present at registration wearing wristband to register, sign releases and get practice sticker before you will be allowed on track to practice or race.
6. Riders “MUST” bring last 4 digits of VIN of every bike competing on when registering.
Age Effective: January 1, 2015
RV Spots are first come, first served
Dry Camping Fee $10 (Friday night)
Bike Wash Only at Designated Areas
No Pit Bike racing. Only 1st gear riding allowed on the pit roads. Do not ride in the parking areas or grass! All riders under 21 years MUST wear a helmet.
FM Radio Broadcast at 88.3 FM
Must hold a Valid Driver’s License to drive Golf Carts or Utility Vehicles.
Permitted Pit Vehicles include:
o Golf Carts
o Side x Side
o Scooter & Bicycles with Helmet
o All Permitted Pit Vehicles must be parked for the night by 10:00pm.
SUZUKI (5 Rounds)
Track & Series Information:
- Track: (713) 962-3386
- Track Web: www.FreestoneMX.com
- Track Email: email@example.com
- Series Website: www.TexasMX.com
Hotel Headquarters: (Ask for FreestoneMX Discount)
Holiday Inn Express – Corsicana (903) 874-7440
Comfort Inn – Mexia (254) 562-0005
Rain Dates: If Saturday rains out, the following day (Sunday) may serve as the “rain date”.