March 28, 2016 (Wortham, Texas) – With a hour of sleep we will never get back with daylight savings, blue bonnets blooming on every Texas highway and temperatures nearing 80 degrees are all indications it’s time to kick off racing motocross under the lights in Wortham. The 17th Annual FMF Texas Night Series kicks off this Saturday night (April 2nd) at Freestone County Raceway so let the fun begin.
Early registration remains open until 11pm on Tuesday, March 29th. If you cannot take advantage of the online convenience, registration at the track will open on Saturday at 2:30pm. Below is the complete schedule for this coming weekend.
Saturday (April 2, 2016) No Friday Practice
2:00pm Gate Opens
2:30pm Registration Opens – Note: (AMA Membership required)
4:00pm Practice (Organized)
Upon Completion of Practice
1. Riders Meeting (Over P.A.)
Note: First 3 Classes Report to Staging
2. Opening Ceremonies
3. Racing Begins
Classes include (all classes are Mod unless Specified):
50cc Limited A/C 4-8;
51cc Limited 4-6;
51cc Limited 6-7
51cc Limited 7-8;
51cc Limited 4-8;
Beginner 65-85 7-11;
Beginner Mini Sr 12-16;
Mini Sr 12-15;
250 C 12-16;
Vet 25+ Amateur;
Vet 25+ A
Vet 30+; C/D
Vet 40+ C/D;
2 Moto Format (Divisions if necessary)
200% Payback: Pro Classes
100% Payback: Vet A Open
Trophies 1st-5th at each round
Awards 1st-5th for Each Overall Series
No Trophies/Awards to Expert/Pro Classes
Riders Must Compete in 4 of 6 Rounds for Overall Series Awards & Contingency
Riders must be present at Round 6 to receive awards & series contingency
$10 Gate Passes/person (Under 6 Free)
(Cash Only at the Gate)
$35 Online Entry Fee/class ($40 Post Entry)
Online & Registration at Track:
All minors participating in this event without parents must come with a notarized statement from parents or legal guardian giving permission for another adult to act as guardian to sign releases. See website for example under Minors Consent Tab.
1. Online Sign Up is open from Monday, March 21st through Tuesday, March 29, 2016 (11:00pm).
2. Online Pre-Registration gives you the option to pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
3. Registration (race weekend) accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express or cash only. NO CHECKS.
4. To “finalize” race entry, Pre-Entry riders (to include parent/guardian/authorized adult if rider is a minor) MUST check in at Registration (Scoring Tower) to sign releases and get practice sticker before you will be allowed to practice or race.
5. Two notarized parental consent statements are needed for guardian/authorized adult to sign releases for minor.
6. ALL RIDERS must be present at registration wearing wristband to register, sign releases and get practice sticker before you will be allowed on track to practice or race.
Age Effective: January 1, 2016 except below:
Age Effective: April 1, 2016 – Collegeboy & Vet Classes
AMA membership available at track or online at: http://www.amajoin.com/TEMOGR
Dry Camping Saturday Night (FREE)
89.3 FM Broadcast
Track & Series Information:
Phone: (713) 962-3386
Track Address: 470 County Road 995 / Wortham, TX. 76693
Track/Series Website: www.FreestoneMX.com
Hotel Headquarters: Promo Code: FreestoneMX
Comfort Inn: Mexia (254) 562-0200
Holiday Inn: Corsicana (903) 874-7440
Rd 1 Sat April 2 Freestone County Raceway
Rd 2 Sat April 16 Village Creek MX Park
Rd 3 Sat April 30 Badlands MX Park
Rd 4 Sat May 21 Oakhill Raceway
Rd 5 Sat June 4 River Valley Motocross
Rd 6 Sat June 18 Freestone County Raceway
Rain Dates: If any round on Saturday rains out, the following day (Sunday) may serve as the “rain date”.