Update: Weather Decision 9am Fri

January 9, 2013 (Fort Worth, Texas) – We are lucky to have the these Texas motocross tracks involved in the Honda of Houston/FMF AMA Texas Winter Series.  We are also lucky with the location of the tracks because if you drive south to the Gulf Coast, most of their annual rain fall comes in the winter months.  If you drive north of the Red River, the cold freezes the ground and its impossible to prep a track.

We will announce on Friday (January 11th) at 9am if Round 2 of the AMA Texas Winter Series at Village Creek MX Park is going as planned or not.  For the latest new stayed tuned here at FreestoneMX.com, the Freestone Facebook or Twitter account for that announcement.  We are holding out hope that the sun will come out early on Thursday to start drying the pits.  As most of you know, the majority of Village Creek’s track is on a hill side but its the pits that is flat and does not drain as fast.  One thing is for sure.  We will NOT cancel Saturday’s racing and try to race everything on Sunday.  The daylight hours are too short in the winter time and you deserve all the racing you pay for.

IMPORTANT: We are always seeking your input and this is no different.  For those out-of-state riders (or anyone else), let us know if this gives you enough time to make your decision on coming.  Just comment here or email tomshields@freestonemx.com.

And now for today’s Public Service Announcement: One thing is for sure, the Texas “Winter” Series is tough and it gets cold at times during the “winter” in Texas.  Stop by your local Walmart because they have hand warmers that slide perfectly on top of your hand and fit under the glove.

Last note to you is that Village Creek has not processed any of the pre-entries so there is no worry in handling refunds or rain checks.  The best scenario is to race this weekend as planned but if we cannot, we have the published rain dates.  Right now, January 19-20 is not looking good either.  Regardless, Village Creek has made significant changes to the track for this event so everyone is sure to enjoy whenever the round comes off.

TWS Logo

2 thoughts on “Update: Weather Decision 9am Fri

  1. Even if the track drys out by Friday , more bad weather is expected all day Saturday. How are they going to anticipate that ? There is an 82 % chance of rain all day Saturday the 12th.

  2. Look at http://www.accuweather.com. Right now its only calling for a 1/10th of an inch on Saturday. The LOW pressure is Utah is heading northeast toward the Dakota's so all the main energy will go with the LOW. We are still 50/50 and will decide at 9am.

Leave a Reply