The final round of the 22nd Annual FMF Texas Winter Series is possibly going to be rescheduled to the next rain date the following weekend February 27-28 due to extreme cold temps in Texas. In the screenshot below you can see the temps are freezing all week, and finally get above freezing Saturday. This presents a few problems –
- All water is shut off to facility to prevent busting pipes
- No water in pits & public bathrooms
- No Portapotty’s can be delivered
- No water trucks can run in these temps to water track
- Track will be frozen and difficult to prep until Saturday morning
Texas, unlike other northern states that get regular snow/ice is always the last to get roads in a safe driving condition. Which makes traveling coming from the north through Dallas/Ft Worth dangerous with all of the elevated roads on bridges etc… If we don’t get any of the “Freezing Rain” scheduled for Wednesday things could be clear for the end of the week travel.
WE WILL WATCH THE WEATHER THROUGHOUT THE WEEK AND MAKE A CALL WEDNESDAY EVENING.