May 8, 2013 (Wortham, Texas) – Did you say you have never been to a national for amateurs before? The NMA Grand National Championship is in its 38th year and is located just across the border in Norman, Oklahoma and is well worth the opportunity to race against top riders from across the country. The NMA Grand National Championship qualifiers is coming to Freestone County Raceway this Saturday, May 11th. For the first time ever, a Texas qualifier will be held under the lights at Freestone MX.
If weather becomes an issue, we will inform you on our website and the Freestone Facebook page. For now, the plans are to keep the track sealed tight until Saturday (prep it just in time for practice) and with the rock parking in the pits, everything should be good by race time.
To insure everyone gets quality track time, practice will start early with two full rounds of practice. Below is the full schedule. To insure Freestone staff gets you back home for Mothers Day, everything will be targeted to get your full race laps done and out. And Happy Mothers Day to all the MOTO-MOMS out there!!!
38th Annual NMA Grand National Qualifier (Texas Region)
– Round 3 –
Saturday (May 11, 2013)
10:00am Gates Opens
11:00am Registration Opens
2:00pm Practice (2 Full Rounds)
Upon Completion of Practice:
1. Riders Meeting (At Starting Gates)
Note: First 3 Classes in Race Order must come to Riders Meeting with bike and gear.
2. Opening Ceremonies
3. Racing Begins
50 Pee Wee Stk 4-6
50 Pee Wee Mod 4-6
50 Pee Wee Stk 7-8
50 Pee Wee Mod 7-8
50 Super Pee Wee Mod 6-9
65 Jr Cycle Stk 6-8
65 Jr Cycle Mod 6-8
65 Jr Cycle Stk 9-11
65 Jr Cycle Mod 9-11
65 Jr Cycle Open thru 11
65-85 Girls 2 Stroke Only thru 16
85 Stk thru 11 450 Stock Pro
85 Mod thru 11 450 Mod Pro
85 2-Stroke/150 4-Stroke Stk 12-13
85 2-Stroke/150 4-Stroke Mod 12-13
85 2-Stroke/150 4-Stroke Stk 14-16
85 2-Stroke/150 4-Stroke Mod 14-16
85 2-Stroke/150 4-Stroke Open thru 16
Super Mini Mod thru 13
Super Mini Mod thru 16
150 4 Stroke Only thru 16
125-250 Schoolboy (Open thru 17 Non Pro)
18-25 College Student
125-250 Women Non Pro
250 Stock Novice
250 Mod Novice
250 Stock Intermediate
250 Mod Intermediate
250 Stock Pro
250 Mod Pro
450 Stock Novice
450 Mod Novice
450 Stock Intermediate
450 Mod Intermediate
125 2 Stroke Non Pro
250 2 Stroke Non Pro
250 4 Stroke Non Pro
450 4 Stroke Non Pro
Trophies Maximum – 5 Per Class
NMA License Required (No Checks, Cash Only)
Riders MUST race a MINIMUM of two (2) qualifiers per class that you wish to race @ NMA Grand National and finish Top 12 after all qualifiers are finished.
If you are not attempting to qualify to race at NMA Grand National, you may purchase a one (1) day license for $10 (No Checks, Cash Only)
$10 Gate Pass/person – Under 6 Free (Cash Only)
$40 Pre or Post Entry/Class
$40 NMA Membership (Annual License) $10 (1 Day) (Cash Only, No Checks)
$10 (Per Class Qualifying Registration Form) (Cash Only, No Checks)
Online Sign Up & Registration at Track:
All minors attending this event without parents must come with a notarized statement from parents or legal guardian giving permission for another adult to act as guardian to sign releases. See website for example under Minors Consent Tab.
1. Online Sign Up is Monday, April 29th until Tuesday, May 7, 2013 (11:00pm) CST
2. Online Pre-Registration gives you the option to pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
3. Registration (race weekend) accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express or cash only. NO CHECKS.
4. To “finalize” race entry, Pre-Entry riders (to include parent/guardian/authorized adult if rider is a minor) MUST check in at Registration (Scoring Tower) to sign releases and get practice sticker before you will be allowed to practice or race.
5. Two (2) notarized parental consent statements are needed for guardian/authorized adult to sign releases for minor.
6. ALL RIDERS must be present at registration wearing wristband to register, sign releases and get practice sticker before you will be allowed on track to practice or race.
7. Proof of Age required upon request.
Go to www.NMAMX.com for Rules and Information
Age Effective: January 1, 2013
Dry Camping – No RV Hook-Ups Available
Bike Wash Available
From I-45, Exit #213 (FM 246). Go West 6 miles and look for
CR995. Follow the MX signs.
Best Western – Mexia (254) 562-0200
Promotion Code: FreestoneMX (Online or Phone)
Best Western – Corsicana (903) 872-0020
Promo Code: FreestoneMX (Phone In Only for Rate)